Northwest Youth Corps (NYC):
- Is a non-profit teenage job training program now entering its 27th year of serving northwest youth.
- Employs over 720 youth, 16-19 years of age, annually.
- Offers nine different job-training, education, and employment programs each year.
- Offers a residential experience; participants camp out during the entire four, five or six week program.
- Generates program operating revenue from projects completed by participants.
- Serves youth from throughout the Northwest.
- Teaches youth how to meet a challenge and work as members of a team.
- Is open to all youth who are interested in meeting a challenge and not afraid of hard work.
- Teaches participants about the resource management objectives inherent in each project.
Hire an NYC crew because:
- You help youth; teens working with NYC learn the meaning of pride, responsibility, and hard work.
- We're easy to work with; on-site project modifications are never a problem.
- It's simple; an existing pre-approved form to implement the Region IV agreement.
- It's cost effective; we are always competitive, often cheaper, and you avoid costly contract administration.
- You're concerned with quality; we teach youth how to do a quality job, one in which they can take pride.
- You need a big job done fast; NYC offers an enthusiastic labor force capable of completing jobs quickly.
What kind of work can an NYC crew do?
NYC crews can complete nearly any outdoor project requiring large amounts of manual labor. NYC staff have the training and experience to coordinate youth crews on a wide variety of projects.
|Barbed Wire Fencing
Noxious Weed Control
Hiking Trail Construction
Cultural Resource Inventories
Buck and Pole Fencing
ORV trail construction
When you hire an NYC crew we provide everything!
How can I hire an NYC crew and how much will it cost?
NYC crews represent the OutDoor School, YouthCorps, and OutDoor Oregon programs and costs vary. Call Joe Waksmundski, YouthCorps Program Director, at (541) 349-5055, ext. 215, email at work(at)nwyouthcorps.org for further information about hiring and costs associated with the different crews.
Last year NYC crews worked on 51 Forest Service Ranger Districts, 5 BLM Districts, 4 National Parks, and 2 USFWS Refuges. We are proud of our reputation for hard working crews and top quality work. If you have questions, we would be happy to put you in touch with previous sponsors in your area.